Maintaining artificial grass is relatively easy compared to natural grass, but it still requires some regular care to keep it in optimal condition. TurfDoctor provides artificial grass in Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens.
Here are five tips for maintaining artificial grass:
- Regular brushing: Regular brushing helps to keep the synthetic grass blades upright and prevents matting or flattening. Use a stiff brush or a broom with synthetic bristles to brush against the grain of the grass. This will help distribute any infill material evenly and keep the blades looking fresh.
- Remove debris: Clearing debris from the surface of your artificial grass is essential to maintain its appearance and prevent any potential damage. Remove leaves, twigs, and other debris regularly to ensure proper drainage and prevent the growth of weeds.
- Clean spills and stains promptly: Accidents happen, and spills or stains can occur on your artificial grass. Promptly clean up any spills or stains to prevent them from settling into the fibers. Use a mild detergent mixed with water and gently scrub the affected area. Rinse thoroughly with water afterward.
- Control weeds: Although artificial grass is designed to be weed-resistant, some weed growth can still occur along the edges or through the drainage holes. Regularly inspect the perimeter of your artificial grass and use an appropriate weed killer or herbicide to control any unwanted growth. Be careful to choose a product that won’t damage the synthetic grass.
- Regularly rinse and wash: To maintain the freshness of your artificial grass, it’s a good idea to rinse it with water regularly. This helps remove dust and any accumulated dirt. Additionally, you can use a hose or a pressure washer on a low setting to wash the surface more thoroughly. Avoid using high-pressure settings that could damage the grass fibers or displace infill material.
By following these tips, you can keep your artificial grass looking vibrant and ensure its longevity. Remember to refer to the specific maintenance guidelines provided by the manufacturer for your particular type of artificial grass for best results. Please call us without any hesitation.